Just read about this at Truly Deeply, and I’m impressed.
In their own words; ‘Is this the perfect bike? Cars go to the junkyard and we recycle them to create the most efficient, ecological and healthy mean of transportation.’ And like all good causes, Bicycled has a manifesto of sorts that dovetails into the agency’s own creative philosophy:
• Bicycled is not only an idea, it’s a way of life
• Because we are concerned about where the world is going now, at Lola Madrid we believe it’s always better to do than to say. So before talking about the perfect bike, we decided to create it.
• Respect the environment and also the bikers.
• Every product we create is based on a consumer insight, that’s also based on an emotion. In this case, the emotion bikers feel when they ride a bike that was made out of wasted cars.
• We are all bikers.
• Lola hasn’t got a special product development department. Our products come from the minds of the same group of talented creatives working for our famous global clients.
• Helping bring back balance to society.
• Bicycled is not only a new type of bike, it is also a return to the roots of biking. It’s a handmade bike created specially by bicycle shop owners. Those fantastic creatures that are about to become extinct.
• Making uniqueness a product
• Because every Bicycled is made out of real car parts, there won’t be two of a kind. That’s the key to a product designed to use as much car waste as it can.